I didn’t realize my browser has been hijacked by Search.Queryrouter.com virus until my antivirus told me so. I usually clean some cookies and history records after browsing web sites. But I fail to remove the redirect virus this time even I have empowered my antivirus program to delete it twice.
How can I eliminate the virus? I need your help!
How to Clean or Remove Search.Queryrouter.com Virus?
Search.Queryrouter.com redirect virus, also called Search.Queryrouter.com browser hijacker, usually appears as a website with a search engine, enabling users to search webs, images and videos, etc. It is similar to Google. There is only a search bar on the whole page. You can use it to search by entering keywords into the search bar. However, the search results offered by the search engine are not exactly associated with the keywords. They will redirect you to some very malicious websites which Search.Queryrouter.com works with. As a result, you may fail to find the expected helpful information directly.
If you unintentionally click the search results it serves, the computer is very likely to get infected with other viruses. This will put your browser in a dangerous state. For example, the invisible Trojan may infiltrate into system and stay in the background. As a result, malware can invade into your computer to steal personal information such as credit card number if you use any online payment. In this circumstance, malware outside the cyber world will infiltrate the system to harvest your personal information. Moreover, some personal files may be encrypted, but you don’t know how to decrypt them. Some of the victims may be trapped in the browser hijacker.
This virus is able to get into your system in many ways. A pop- up may appear on the screen to induce you into changing your home page to the websites which are promoted by the Trojan as soon as you load the page. But once you click infected links when curiously, the virus or malicious codes will automatically download into system forcibly. But sometimes you may not realize that this it is a trick and rashly click yes to accept the website being your homepage. Once you allows
Search.Queryrouter.com to be your homepage, it will hijack your browser. If the computer is infected, the browser settings are usually change from default settings to unwanted ones. So, don’t take it for granted that websites are safe to visit. Currently, you may consider eliminating the browser hijacker by the help of manual removal solution instead of utilizing the antivirus program for the virus can effectively avoid its scanner. As ordinary anti-virus programs can’t remove this browser hijack virus, manual removal is an effective solution. Please follow the guide given below to manually get rid of the redirect virus. Don’t think that it is ok to keep it on your PC, for it may cause great damage to your system!
Guide to Manually Remove Search.Queryrouter.com Redirect Virus
Step 1: Terminate all the malicious extensions in the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer and click on Tools in the browser menu, choose the Manage Add-ons in the drop-down list.
2. Select the Search.Queryrouter.com in the showing window and disable it.
3. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on its wrench icon.
2. Choose the Tools in the list then select the Extensions.
3. In the showing window, click on the Extensions, then find out the Search.Queryrouter.com and disable it.
4. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Run the Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools in the Firefox menu and choose the Add-ons, then click on the Extensions.
2. Then select the Search.Queryrouter.com in the list and click on Remove button.
3. Restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 2: Remove the added programs of the redirect virus in the Control Panel
1. Click Start to open the menu and click on the Control Panel.
2. Double-click on Uninstall a program under the Programs.
3. Find Search.Queryrouter.com in the programs list and locate it, then click on the Uninstall.
4. Follow the wizard to accomplish the removal.
Step 3: Reset the browser
1. Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools then choose the Internet Options.
2. Click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button.
3. Click on the General tab, put a new address in the homepage box.
4. Click OK button to save the changes.
5. Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2. Click on Show advanced settings.
3. Click on Reset browser settings button.
4. In the Settings windows, click on the Show Home button in the Appearance section.
5. Click on the Change link, type a new address in the box then click on OK.
6. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu button. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2. In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button.
3. Confirm the reset request after that.
4. Click the Firefox button and choose the Options.
5. Click the General tab, type a new address as the homepage in the box, then click OK.
6. Restart the Mozilla Firefox.
Important Note! The most difficult part for most users is that the files of the threat change randomly and they can’t identify them. Any wrong action can result in data loss or worse consequences. Therefore, it requires you to have sufficient computer expertise to perform the manual removal. If you are a novice user, please use an automatic removal tool to remove the redirect virus instead.
Search.Queryrouter.com Virus is very nefarious that it can compromise your computer system badly. Even many famous antivirus programs couldn’t remove it safely and completely. Don’t download free software in case the virus may take a chance to slip into your computer. And this also brings in more viruses to your system. The manual removal instructions apply to those who have rich experience in virus removal. Before you take the removal steps, please consider it seriously. Moreover, if you are a professional computer technician or experienced PC users, manual way is a absolute and accurate way for your infected computer. Search.Queryrouter.com appears to be different among infested machine world- wide. More seriously, it may start its variation gradually. Please don’t look down on this virus because it can cause various unexpected troubles. The files associated with the redirect virus can be changed to others. If you do have enough computer experience, you may not start the removal task yourself.